Our mission is to empower, educate, and advocate for the residents of the Riverwest neighborhood.
- September 21, 2014Riverwest Farmer's MarketStarts:1 dayStarts:September 21, 2014 - 10:00 amEnds: September 21, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Garden Park, E Locust St, Milwaukee, WI, United States
- September 28, 2014Riverwest Farmer's MarketStarts:1 weekStarts:September 28, 2014 - 10:00 amEnds: September 28, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Garden Park, E Locust St, Milwaukee, WI, United States
- September 20, 2014Uptowner 130th Anniversary Block PartyStarts:7 hoursStarts:September 20, 2014 - 11:00 amEnds: September 20, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Uptowner, 1032 E Center St, Milwaukee, WI, United StatesDescription: Live Bands including musicians with a wide range of musical styles who have played at the Uptowner many times over the years:
11:00 AM DJ Charlie Hustle Uptowner Sonest 1987
1:00 PM Extra Crispy Brass Band Uptowner Light Life Alumni
1:30 PM Stas Venglevski Bayan Virtuoso
2:15 PM Blue Grass All Stars with Uptowner bestie Tom Swark
3:00 PM Mike Fredrickson musician and painter of the Beautiful People
3:45 PM Voot Warnings Uptowner Hall of Flamer
4:30 PM Gnarrenshiiff with Bob, need we say more
5:00 PM Thriftones Uptowner Light Life Regulars
5:45 PM Flotron with Open Mic MC Mic Crawf
6:15 PM John Burks Band with Uptowner bestie Dave Cusma; "psychedeliatinged rhythm and blues"
7:00 PM Mokus and The Framchow with Saxy Scott Summers
8:00 PM Doc B of Turntable Tuesday
11:00 PM DJ Charlie Hustle Uptowner Sonest 1987
2:00 AM James Brown and Luciano Pavarotti
Food including a pig and corn roast, Jamaican jerk chicken made by a real Jamaican and an Uptowner Favorite Italian Beef on a Sciortino roll
Drinks including a Lakefront Brewery Beer Tent with free samples all day, specialty drinks and of course Tall Boys. In addition, NA options if you already drank their fair share over the years
Fun including all the above and old friends, raffles and surprises.
“Like” Uptowner Facebook page and “Friend” Uptowner O’ Uptowner to get updates.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR CUSTOMERS OVER THE YEARS! COUNTLESS MEMORIES!
THANK YOU TO OUR EMPLOYEES PAST, PRESENT AND FUTURE
THANK YOU TO OUR VENDORS!
WE LOVE YOU!
- September 20, 2014Riverwest Neighborhood Litter PatrolStarts:10 hoursStarts:September 20, 2014 - 2:00 pmEnds: September 20, 2014 - 4:00 pmLocation: Gordon Park, Milwaukee, WI, United StatesDescription: The Challengers, a team of "Real Life Superheroes" want your help battling one of Riverwest's most annoying villains... the Litterbug!
On Saturday, September 20th they'll be doing a litter pick up, sweeping through the streets of Riverwest. The meet up spot is Gordon Park, 2pm. Garbage bags and vinyl gloves will be provided. You don't have to dress up like a superhero to participate, but why wouldn't you?
Later the same evening, the team will lead a walking group to patrol through the streets on the look out for crime. Join them in keeping a watchful eye on the neighborhood.
Want more info: E-mail: Challengers.firstname.lastname@example.org
- October 6, 2014Open House FundraiserStarts:2 weeksStarts:October 6, 2014 - 5:00 pmEnds: October 6, 2014 - 8:00 pmLocation: Holton Youth & Family, 510 E Burleigh St, Milwaukee, WI, United StatesDescription: Help centro help neighborhood kids....Monday October 6th at an open house fundraiser for the Holton Youth and Family Center!
There are currently no events to display.
If you wish to express your concerns regarding any of these applications, per the City, you should contact the License Division by email at email@example.com or send a letter to the License Division at 200 E. Wells St., Room 105, Milwaukee, WI 53202. The email or letter should include the following: Your name, Your mailing address, The specific reason for your concerns. If the email or letter is received in a timely manner, you will receive notification when the application will be scheduled before the appropriate Common Council committee for review and hearing. You may also wish to call your local Alderperson at (414) 286-2221 to discuss your concerns. If you have any other questions, please call the City Clerk License Division at (414) 286-2238.
RNA GENERAL MEETING
Tuesday, October 14th, 2014
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Location: Gordon Park Pavilion – 2828 N. Humboldt Ave.
Future meetings schedule:
November 11th, 2014
December 9th, 2014
January 13th, 2014
If you have any questions or would like to be added to the agenda for an upcoming meeting,
Anyone living in Riverwest is invited and encouraged to attend the monthly General Meetings. There is no cost for membership.
Usually 10-20 people come to each meeting and we talk about all sorts of stuff related to the neighborhood, such as improving safety, protecting the Milwaukee River, local business openings and closures, upcoming events and opportunities, and more.
Any resident is welcome to take part in the discussions or to just sit back and listen. Either way, it’s a good chance to get to know some of the people who are active in our community, to learn more about the local resources available to you as a resident of Riverwest, and to take part in the decisions we make together about our neighborhood.
Unlike other neighborhood associations, RNA requires no dues for membership. Any resident can make announcements, make motions for the group to discuss and/or vote on, propose items for the next meeting, propose changes to the Bylaws, and take part in any votes that come up during a meeting.
Hope to see you there!
In order to join our mailing groups (RNA Mail and Riverwest Chatter) please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for RNA Mail or email@example.com for Riverwest Chatter.
Posted at the request of the 2014 RNA Chairperson:
INTEREST GROUP MEETINGS:
Neighbors are strongly encouraged to come to all the various interest group meetings to inquire, offer ideas, help and volunteer for projects planned by any and all interest groups within RNA!
2011 RNA Member Survey Results
Here are the results of the survey. Please look them over and consider how the RNA can best use this information to help prioritize our goals for the next year.